Old September 29th 13, 11:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Jim Mueller Jim Mueller is offline

Default Need help identifying these RF modules. (00/38)

On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 00:28:50 -0400, Bob wrote:

On 29 Sep 2013 02:24:55 GMT, Jim Mueller wrote:

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 23:31:52 -0400, Bob wrote:

I came across a box of 10 of these RF modules made by Mitsumi Electric
Co. LTD.
the other day, and I need help identifying them, (schematic, purpose,
etc.) if anyone has a clue.

The box had a label with the following;
Messers. Lear Jet Corp.
Part No. 356-9802 Model No. FT-E3 Spec No. R-16-0053

On the front, you can see another number in the picture that reads,
"603.7.2" and all modules are identical it seems. On each side there
are 5 solder connections labeled 1-5 on the left side and 6-10 on the
right.
Number 9 is soldered to the front casing. The shaft seen in the front
view is part of a variable, (tuning) capacitor like you would find in
a portable radio. I don't have a ruler handy, but the module is
roughly 2.75"X1.5" looking at the front. If anyone wants, I can post a
picture of it's interior.

These are old, but I have no idea how old. I don't hold much hope in
anyone identifying these, BUT stranger things have happened. If YOU
know what these are, I'd appreciate hearing what you know.

Thanks!
Bob

I probably don't know what you have, but I couldn't view your pictures.
How about posting them as a jpg or png and as a much smaller file.

Thanks,

Hi again. I have to ask what machine won't allow you to view these?
Also, what size/resolution/max # colors/etc. do they need to be so it
can view them? As every photo viewer I've ever used is capable of
zooming in and out, I question if simply resizing them will fix the
problem, but I'm happy to do it. I will need to know what size you need
it to be able to view it before I resize them.

I'm using Pan 0.136 running under Ubuntu 12.04 (I think) with Xfce 4.8
desktop. When I click on your original post, it brings up a requester
asking where to save the file. I tell it where to put it and it never
appears. The pictures you posted the second time came through fine; it
didn't ask to save them. Pan can deal with yenc files but other common
newsgroup readers can't.

I don't know for sure what your things are, but judging from the labels
stamped into the case, I think they might be TV tuners or modulators or
perhaps a corresponding part for satellite TV. Perhaps they are a
similar part for some other application.

--
Jim Mueller

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with dadoheadman.
Then replace nospam with fastmail. Lastly, replace com with us.