Old October 6th 13, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Irv Finkleman Irv Finkleman is offline

Default Homebrew Coil Form Factor

Lovely work Mike -- a bit more than I require but I'll keep it
in mind. Thanks!

Irv VE6BP

"amdx" wrote in message
On 10/5/2013 3:52 PM, Irv Finkleman wrote:
Thanks John,

I do require the structure be relatively strong or I
would wind the coil, put epoxy glue strips along it
to make it like AirDux and the like.

Cheers and 73,
John KD5YI

Here's a picture of a coil I built years ago using 40 ft Radio Shack
Aluminum Ground wire. It comes coiled at about 8". My coil is about 8" x
8". I'm making an educated guess that it's about 150uh.

http://s395.photobucket.com/user/Qma...c1dd8.jpg.html
I drilled spaced holes in 1/2" pvc pipe and then split it on a band saw
and clamped the wire between the pieces. Need more strength add more pvc
clamps. There are other ways.

I just went to the radio shack website looking for the ground wire, I
have one and it's catalog number 15-035, BUT, I can't find it on their
site.
Hmm, I see one on Ebay, $14.99 including shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Radio-Sh...-/281117465242

Mikek