Old October 6th 13, 09:36 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
John Benn John Benn is offline

Default Beating planning permission (Brit) or zonal regulation (Yank)?

"gareth" wrote in message
"Rambo" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Oct 2013 17:56:28 +0100, "gareth"
wrote:

Looking at the way that antennae on spacecraft unwrap into
elaborate structures from a near-perfect spheroid, (not unlike the
Japanese / Chinese tissue paper flowers when dropped into water),
I wonder if there is scope for we amateurs (Brit) / Hams (Yank) to
produce similar structures, but with the added capacity to fold back
into a tight ball?

That way, we could all have extensive antennae farms, but then being
of a temporary nature, would not fall foul of the bureaucrato******s
that plague local government (especially here in Brit).

I think Sir Issac Newton may have thought about reasons why a
spacecraft antenna is lighter and can adopt perfect spheroids easily.

The gravity of the situation is certainly a consideration, so making
elements
open downwards onto a stop could use that attribute.

What about retracting upwards?