Old October 14th 13, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,uk.radio.amateur

Default Variable selectivity?

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013, gareth wrote:

Further information most welcome, thank-you

In the 1948 Radio handbook which I mentioned previously, there are adverts
from a company by the name of Millen, and I assumed it was the same guy
after he had left National.

Your comment about a phenolic intersperser is no doubt some means of
isolating an
earthy contact?

It would be interesting to know from the Lamb patent whether he proposed
therein the
technique of Single Signal Reception by the use of the phasing control to
null
out the audio image, or whether this was something that came about through
experience?

ONce again, "single signal selectivity" is credited to the Lamb filter,
everyone referencs that famous QST article of his. You don't need the
phasing control to get the single signal selectivity.

Micahel VE2BVW