Old October 18th 13, 02:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_4_] Sal[_4_] is offline

Default Gamma Matching Question

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message
I am planning to build a magnetic loop antenna and
feed it by means of a gamma match. I understand
that a gamma match will work over a wide range of
frequencies. I hope to work a number of bands using
the same loop.

My question is -- when I'm ready to test the antenna
do I adjust the gamma match at the lowest frequency I
plan to use, or the highest?

I have considered other forms of coupling the
rig to the transmitter but prefer to use the gamma
match.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or advice in this
matter.

Irv VE6BP
The US Coast Guard has used circular loop antennas for transmitting. I
remember noting them when I did EMI inspections on several Coast Guard
cutters in the 1990's. Perhaps that knowledge will lead you in the
direction of existing documentation on the methods they used. All of my
data is long gone but I did see this guy's page on-line:

http://www.aa5tb.com/loop.html

Good luck.