Old October 18th 13, 05:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John S John S is offline

Default Gamma Matching Question

On 9/21/2013 12:50 PM, Irv Finkleman wrote:
I am planning to build a magnetic loop antenna and
feed it by means of a gamma match. I understand
that a gamma match will work over a wide range of
frequencies. I hope to work a number of bands using
the same loop.

My question is -- when I'm ready to test the antenna
do I adjust the gamma match at the lowest frequency I
plan to use, or the highest?

I have considered other forms of coupling the
rig to the transmitter but prefer to use the gamma
match.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or advice in this
matter.

Irv VE6BP

Hi, Irv -

See if this link is of any help to you...

http://www.vk1od.net/antenna/GammaMatch/gbs.htm

John KD5YI