Old October 18th 13, 04:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Gamma Matching Question

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message
Thanks Sal -- I'm pretty sure I spotted a magloop on the Coast Guard ship,
but
the photo is a little too small and when enlarged the antenna blurs.

I have now decided from all my 'research' into the matter that what is
referred to as the 'gamma match' on these loops is more like a distorted
feed loop, and whatever the case, the persons who built the magloops
I looked at found that the feed when set, served the purpose across
all bands. That's good enough for me, and when I eventually build
a magloop (I've got most of the stuff already), I'll find out more about
the matching situation.

Next time I visit the coast (I go to Victoria B.C. periodically to visit
one of my daughters), I'll to a tour of the Navy dockyard and see if
I see anything new in antennas since my days on the ships there.

Irv VE6BP

If it is not a magloop, it could be a DDRR (directional discontinuity ring
radiator).