Old October 22nd 13, 12:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
J.B. Wood[_2_] J.B. Wood[_2_] is offline

Default Gamma Matching Question

On 10/22/2013 04:23 AM, Jeff wrote:

Small loop implies a magnetic loop, magnetic loop implies a small loop,
so pretty much 6 of one and half a dozen of the other; although magnetic
loop does give more information on the mode of operation, which is
probably why the name has stuck.

Jeff

This is exactly the faulty line of reasoning to which I previously
provided comment. W5DXP's recent comments are on the mark.

Perhaps a metaphor is appropriate: You just might expertly pilot an
airplane you built from a kit but you don't necessarily possess the
expertise in aerodynamics/fluid mechanics to design a viable aircraft.
And the lack of that knowledge can result in the formulation of invalid
"principles of operation". Now, if you act right now we'll double your
order and send you two revolutionary "Crossed Field Antennas" and
include the matching carrying cases. Just pay separate shipping and
processing. Enough said. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: