Old October 25th 13, 11:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
J.B. Wood[_2_] J.B. Wood[_2_] is offline

Default Gamma Matching Question

On 10/24/2013 10:07 PM, W5DXP wrote:
On Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:15:11 PM UTC-5, J.B. Wood wrote:
None of this, however, can be used to assert that the E field is
favored/more responsive than the H field or vice-versa for a particular
antenna structure.

Next time you have an MRI, please try to convince the doctors that an ERI would work just as well.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

I wouldn't view the huge MRI coil as a transmitting antenna insofar as
its intended usage. It's more akin to the primary of transformer with
the human body serving as the "secondary".

Cecil, I've done my best to point out the difference between a close-in
coupling (capacitive and/or inductive) situation and that involving two
(decoupled electrically but in the same medium) antennas separated by
many wavelengths. I can't think of anything else to say at this point.
Sincerely, and 73s from N4GGO,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: