View Single Post
  #38   Report Post  
Old October 25th 13, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
external usenet poster

First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2011
Default Gamma Matching Question

On Friday, October 25, 2013 5:32:34 AM UTC-5, J.B. Wood wrote:
I can't think of anything else to say at this point.

I don't know what the disagreement is. A small loop operates with a high magnetic field (high current) and a low electric field (low voltage) on both transmit and receive as required by the laws of physics. It seems reasonable to me to call it a "magnetic" loop. A small dipole operates with a high electric field (high voltage) and a low magnetic field (low current) on both transmit and receive as required by the laws of physics. It seems reasonable to me to call it an "electric" dipole.

I also cannot think of anything else to say. There was never any disagreement that all coherent far-field ExB photons are identical. The remaining question is: Given identical capture areas, why does a human body have such a large effect on an electric dipole and such a small effect on a magnetic loop?

I see the same thing with my indoor TV antenna. The VHF section is an electric dipole and I can affect VHF signal strength by walking between the transmitting station and the TV antenna. The UHF section is a magnetic loop and walking between the transmitting station and the TV antenna has very little effect on signal strength. My converter box has both an audible and visual signal strength indicator.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com