Old October 20th 04, 12:04 PM
Scott

Not sure of the frequency that Primestar used, but the DirecTV dishes
work well at 10 GHz. We remove all the electronics from the feedhorn
(LNA, LNB, whatever) and bore out the waveguide to 0.75 inch and mount
an SMA connector on the side with a probe sticking in horizontally (for
horizontal polarization). We then usually put a solid metal plug into
the rear of the waveguide and make it adjustable in and out to maximize
gain/matching.

Scott
N0EDV

PDRUNEN wrote:

Hi Group,

I now have an old 1-meter disk with a LNA for primestar. Anyone tell me about
the frequency range of the LNA and any amateur applications?

de KJ4UO

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/