Old November 6th 13, 07:12 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
gareth gareth is offline

Default Stable coil formers?

In the process of winding a number of VFO coils, methought that I
should obtain some porcelain formers, when a thought struck me, which
was why not trawl the local charity shops (which together with shoe shops
and estate agents are all that seem to be in the High Streets these days)
for
some china spoons, and use the handles as coil formers?

(Yes, I know the one about electric fire elements)

Then it struck me, that we already have a source of stable coil formers
in our junkboxes, which is B7G and B9A glass tubes!