Old November 15th 13, 06:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DhiaDuit DhiaDuit is offline

Default USS Zumwalt

On Friday, November 15, 2013 9:05:09 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:54:54 PM UTC-5, wrote:

More corporate welfare courtesy of the American taxpayer.

The Zumwalt was originally estimated to cost about $3.8 billion, but so much technology was crammed onboard that its cost has nearly doubled and after the first three are built production will stop.

With all the new weapons systems the Navy wants aboard the Zumwalt planners installed a power plant that could provide power to 78,000 homes (around 78 megawatts).

Construction of the ship required General Dynamics to build a special $40 million "Ultra Hall" to hold the pieces.

Read mo http://www.businessinsider.com/zumwa...#ixzz2kaJJOdfO

Here we go again, another one of Uncle Sam's "hobby" special projects. Let me see, now... $3.8 B with the underestimated production cost overruns is actually around $7.6B . Ok, only two more coming. Projected $22B in the total bill. Are they sure it is enough to cover all the hidden and unexpected problems ?

Food prices are UP too.