Old October 29th 04, 08:38 AM
Alan Peake

I plan to build a superregen to play with. After I get one going, I think I
will try to make it work at 450 MHz. Like some other posters here, I built
my previous regen 40 years ago.

Cheers,
John

Hi John,
I built a few superregens about 40 years ago too!! They were on 288
MHz when Australian amateurs had the one metre band. Surprisingly good
sensitivity for a one-valve receiver (6J6 usually) but of course they
put out a fair bit of rubbish over a fair bit of the band. I often
wonder if the quench frequency could be better controlled - perhaps an
external injection oscillator or something like that. Anyway, best of
luck with your 450 MHz.
Alan
VK2TWB