Old December 2nd 13, 02:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John S John S is offline

Default Turning a 1/4 wave vertical upside down

On 12/1/2013 7:17 PM, amdx wrote:
On 12/1/2013 5:17 PM, John S wrote:
On 12/1/2013 2:42 PM, amdx wrote:
On 12/1/2013 11:48 AM, Irv Finkleman wrote:
Before too much theorizing takes place, why not try just placing it
in a
convenient location in the house -- you might be pleasantly surprised.
If that doesn't work, then, and only then, it becomes a technical
problem.

Irv VE6BP

That's good advice, except I have three different audio inputs that all
land where I now have the transmitter.
Besides, we like technical problems! :-)

After my last response to Jeff when I measured the output voltage, I
just realized I can check the loss through the LPF. Hot dog! Can't
wait to get home.
Mikek

Don't fool yourself. A 10x probe has maybe 10pF capacitance. What is
that reactance at 100MHz? About maybe 160 ohms? How will that affect
your measurement?

I don't know.

If you can't calculate or reason out the answer, then you need a teacher
better than I.