Old December 2nd 13, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Turning a 1/4 wave vertical upside down

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
Trivia: Cable leakage has changed over the last few years. The sync
buzz of the analog TV era has been replaced by digital hiss. Put a
temporary antenna on your cable connection and listen on a suitable
receiver. Some cable systems still carry FM broadcast stations, so he
might also be hearing those coming from a cable leak. Locally,
everything was moved to digital channels in 2005.
http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Comcast-to-restore-30-FM-radio-stations-Some-2625920.php

I guess it depends on where you are Jeff. Around where I live there about
100 channels that are still analog. Still starting at the old channel 2.

The state I live in is still way behind times.