Old December 2nd 13, 06:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.design
Tim Wescott[_4_] Tim Wescott[_4_] is offline

Default Toob Amplified PC Speakers

It's winter, and the amplifier in my PC speakers just died.

I think it'd be kinda cool to have a toob speaker amp, but I'm too lazy
(and time-challenged) to build one up from scratch.

Are there, by any chance, kits out there? I'm not looking for nickel-
cored transformers with solid silver windings, genuine paper caps rolled
on the thighs of virgins, toobs dipped in LN2, and all that crap: I'm
just looking for something that'll give the audio quality of a mid-range
amplified speaker set, in a cabinet that shows off the fact that it all
uses ancient technology to get the job done.

Suggestions welcome.

TIA

--

Tim Wescott