Old December 5th 13, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default MFJ259 conversion help

On 12/4/2013 9:48 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"amdx" wrote in message
Is that because you think MFJ is junk, or because
there is no easy relationship?

No it is not that I think the MFJ is junk, just there is no easy
relationship.

You did not mention if the volts were AC or DC or RF that I recall.

I'm reading DC volts across a DC meter.

If DC there is no relationship at all. You do not use DC to measure the
inpedance of an antenna. If AC that most voltmeters will show, the
frequency range is too low to get a meaningful showing. If RF, you most
likely loose too much in the length of the leads.

I'm using the MFJ259, you might want to get a little information about it.

What you are doing is sort of like sticking the probes in the side of a
tree and trying to see how tall that tree is. You see something on the
meter, but it does not help to tell how tall that tree is.

What you are doing while a learning experiance , is just a negative one.
One that does not work for anything. Like Tom Edison and the light bulb.
When he had tried about 60 differant things for the filiment of the bulb, he
said I now know 60 things that do not work.

Again, look up the MFJ259

Thanks, Mikek