Old November 4th 04, 11:07 AM
Paul Burridge

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 23:11:02 GMT, "w9gb"
wrote:

I would agree with Dale. You can substitute with a high voltage rating (35
VDC or 50 VDC), if you can not find a capacitor with a 30 VDC. DO NOT go
to a smaller voltage rating (25 VDC or 16 VDC), unless you are POSITIVE the
capacitor "in circuit" will never reach this voltage (peak or otherwise).

Indeed. Is it correct, however, that one should not go *too much*
higher than the maximum anticipated voltage? I read somewhere that
using (for example) 25V electrolytics in a point in a circuit where
there was only a few volts of PD could result in some sort of problem.
:-/
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.