Old December 16th 13, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Turning a 1/4 wave vertical upside down

On 12/16/2013 11:11 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:27:54 +0000, Channel Jumper
wrote:

This post sound a lot more like one person thinking out loud, or two
people having a conversation in such a way that they are trying to teach
something - a lot like a infomertial.

Well, you're back to your standard template. You begin all your
replies with a personal insult and follow it with drivel that has
nothing to do with the topic under discussion. Well, there was one
posting where you omitted the opening volly, after I suggested that
you drop it. In case you missed it, the topic is whether a low power
FM transmitter coverage will benefit from mounting the antenna upside
down.

The bottom line is - who cares.

Correct. NBC (nobody cares).

Well, I did :-)

But I'm not nobody!
Two reasons, if it gave my a better coverage pattern for my yard, I
would do it.
Second reason, I'm curious, and you did answer my question with an
example. Thanks.

Anyway, moved the antenna a few feet, installed my filter, removed one
3db attenuator, and ran around the yard with my radio and didn't notice
any problem. It even got better reception in my workshop not perfect,
but better.
Mikek