Old December 30th 13, 01:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Tom Horne[_2_] Tom Horne[_2_] is offline

Default Quad Band Antenna?

We need to rebuild the antennas and feed lines at the county's Emergency Op
erations Center. We would like to be able to use 50, 144, 220, and 440 MHz
radios at any position and we would prefer not to have to resort to diplex
ers and separate antennas on the roof if it can be avoided. Does anyone ha
ve a suggestion for a reasonably high quality quad band antenna for base st
ation use. Wind survival rating would need to be one hundred miles per hou
r. We are presently looking at six hard lines to the roof some seventy fee
t up in order to feed the following antennas:

Horizontal Loop HF antenna with remote antenna coupler powered by Bias-T.

ATV receiving antenna with rotor unless testing shows a directional antenna
to be unnecessary

Six meter Yagi-Uda, vertically polarized, for inter county traffic.

Three Multi Band antennas or equivalent.

Any on point suggestions about the multi band antennas would be helpful.

--
Tom Horne W3TDH