Old December 30th 13, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Tom Horne[_2_] Tom Horne[_2_] is offline

Default Scotty, I need more power (2013)

On Friday, December 27, 2013 10:36:55 PM UTC-5, Bill Horne wrote:

Some years ago, crews from Hydro Quebec came to Massachusetts to help

rebuild after a major storm, and I got to talk to some of the workers,

practicing my high-school French.

They politely told me that they'd rather speak English, and then they

said that they were very surprised at the age of the equipment our

electric utility was using. They didn't give me specifics, but they did

use the word "ancient".

73,

--

Bill Horne

(Remove QRM from my address to write to me directly)

When the Quebec Hydro folks came to the Washington DC area after the Derech
o a couple of years ago they said that most of the equipment in PEPCO's sys
tem belonged in a museum. They told us that only their most senior people
had ever seen the equipment that we had in front line service.

--
Tom Horne W3TDH