Old December 30th 13, 10:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Phil Kane[_3_] Phil Kane[_3_] is offline

Default Quad Band Antenna?

On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 20:56:46 EST, Tom Horne wrote:

Does anyone have a suggestion for a reasonably high quality quad band antenna for base station use.

At the hospital we are using twin Comet 3-band omnidirectional
antennas - 144/222/450 bands - each with a triplexer and a bank of
single band filters. We are very close to the TV/FM/2-way antenna
towers - a high intermod zone. Even though we have the filters we
get some garbage from time to time. That converts our dual-band
transceivers into single-band transceivers but that's the price we
have to pay.

We don't have capability on HF or 6-meters but I have a B&W All-Band
Folded Dipole/Resistor available if we ever get HF capability.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest

Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon