Old December 31st 13, 01:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Foxs Mercantile Foxs Mercantile is offline

Default Quad Band Antenna?

On 12/30/2013 11:33 AM, wrote:
For VHF/UHF omnidirectional use a discone would be a practical
solution.

I use those at my shop. Makes not having to remember what band
antenna I'm using.
50-500 MHz is easily possible but I would rather go for 140-500
and put 50 MHz on a separate vertical to reduce wind loading.

Most discones, as sold, are basically 100-1300 MHz.
The extended lower frequency is usually a whip mounted on top for
either 52 MHz or 27 MHz depending on who you buy them from.

Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi