Old January 2nd 14, 01:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
pedro pedro is offline

Default Standard C510 in permanent Tx

On Wed, 1 Jan 2014 07:42:34 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have purchased a second-hand Standard C510 hand portable. It has a fault; as soon as it powers up, it gives 4 rising pitch tones, and permanently transmits, and displays 433.00MHz. None of the buttons do anything, apart from giving DTMF. All I can achieve is to switch it off again. Does anyone have any ideas if it's in a weird mode, or how to fix this?

Do what the previous owner did.