Old January 4th 14, 04:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
pedro pedro is offline

Default Standard C510 in permanent Tx

On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 21:48:27 -0500, Michael Black wrote:

On Thu, 2 Jan 2014, pedro wrote:

On Wed, 1 Jan 2014 07:42:34 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have purchased a second-hand Standard C510 hand portable. It has a
fault; as soon as it powers up, it gives 4 rising pitch tones, and
permanently transmits, and displays 433.00MHz. None of the buttons do
anything, apart from giving DTMF. All I can achieve is to switch it off
again. Does anyone have any ideas if it's in a weird mode, or how to
fix this?

Do what the previous owner did.

What, pour various liquids into the device, press all kinds of buttons at
the same time, who knows what else?

we don't know (s)he did that - unless *you* know more.

Or are you telling him to sell it, like the previous owner?

Yes.

It probably needs a reset, if it's not more complicated. The good thing
about the Standard C150 is that it didn't use a microprocessor, too bad
this is some much later model.

Michael