Old January 13th 14, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Stacking Winegard HD-6065P antennas

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 21:10:17 -0500, Jerry Stuckle
wrote:

On 1/12/2014 7:24 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:48:13 -0500, Jerry Stuckle
wrote:

I'm not talking about fiber, and I'm not talking about some half-assed
gadget cooked up in your basement. I'm talking about a real,
professional-grade TDR.

Make and model please?

It's in my office, and not my lap. And quite frankly, I'm not about to
go out of my way to follow up because it's none of your business.

No doubt a private label TDR made especially for professionals and
considered a trade secret by it owners. Gosh, I want one of those.

You're trolling now, and I don't respond to trolls.

Not exactly trolling but close. I'm asking you to substantiate your
claims and to supply specific makers and model numbers.

rest of garbage snipped because it just proves you have no idea what
you're talking about.

One other comment. No, you won't go back to school not because you
don't need another piece of paper on the wall. You already think you
know everything.

I'm not sure I can decode your comment with it's 3 negations. I said
that I *DO* need another piece of paper for my wall. My 2013 calendar
expired last week, and I need something to fill the wall space.
Obtaining a new 2014 calendar is both costly and time consuming. It's
easier to just fill the space with another diploma.
www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=fake+university+diploma

And it just might ruin your day to find out how wrong
you are.

You first, then you can cross examine me. You stated that I don't
understand the two articles on 50 versus 75 ohms. You also stated
that you do understand the articles. Then please explain them to me.
The following are my claims, all derived from the articles. Where in
the following am I wrong and why?

1. Loss for approximately equal size is less for 75 ohm cable.
2. 50 ohm cable will tolerate a higher power due to a higher voltage
breakdown.
3. Maximum power is with about 30 ohm coax cable.
http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedia/coax_power.cfm
4. Mismatch loss from 75 ohm cable in a 50 ohm system is 0.18dB.
5. If the mismatch loss from using 75 ohm cable is less than the
difference in attenuation for a comparable 50 ohm cable, and there are
no high power levels involved, then it is better to use 75 ohm cable
and tolerate the mismatch.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D