Old January 14th 14, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,uk.radio.amateur
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Kenwood TS-130 Frequency warrble

In article , Brian Reay wrote:

Scott's suggestion is a good one but I'd also suggest you consider
checking that the PLL isn't simply on the limit of lock. It doesn't
sound like you've checked the radio over since new and, with the ageing
of components etc., it is quite possible things are not as they should be.

I'd bet a nickel that this is precisely what is wrong... but you'll know
it when you see the PLL output it on the scope and it's bouncing around!

I've done a quick Google and there are copies of the Service Manual on
the internet and Kenwood manuals are pretty good. You should be able to
make the adjustments.

It's conceptually very different than working on an R-390 but to be honest
it's a whole lot easier.
--scott