Old January 14th 14, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,uk.radio.amateur
Brian Reay[_5_] Brian Reay[_5_] is offline

Default Kenwood TS-130 Frequency warrble

On 14/01/14 21:10, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Brian Reay wrote:

Scott's suggestion is a good one but I'd also suggest you consider
checking that the PLL isn't simply on the limit of lock. It doesn't
sound like you've checked the radio over since new and, with the ageing
of components etc., it is quite possible things are not as they should be.

I'd bet a nickel that this is precisely what is wrong...

I've seen it, and fixed it, numerous times. One of these things you see
when you've been around a bit.

Following the PPL set up procedure normally cures it for another decade
or more, I've never had one back again.

73
Brian
G8OSN/W8OSN