Old January 15th 14, 09:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Nnaemeka David Nnaemeka David is offline

Default Can anyone recommend a radio?

I live in Lagos, Nigeria and want to receive stations in the french language from countries like Benin republic, Togo etc. During a google search, I stumbled on satellite coordinates for free stations from african countries from the http://www.lyngsat.com/ site. The problem now is:
What radio do I use to receive this satellite broadcasts?
1worldspace I was made to believe is dead or bankrupt (wikipedia?). Is this true? Can I trust it living in lagos, Nigeria to receive this free channels?
Else, can anyone recommend me any alternative that is workable and practical?
Please, I do appreciate, greatly appreciate your help.
Yours sincerely
N. David