Old January 17th 14, 03:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Rhon tower bolts

"gareth" wrote in message
Do you left-pondians need to get planning or zonal permission for such
things as we do here in the land that is still plagued by the
Normano-Viking
invaders and their spawn?

It all depends on where the station is located at in the US. I live in
North Carolina and out from the city. There is no requirement in the county
I live in for any kind of permit for a ham tower. About 8 years ago I put
up a 60 foot tower and did not need any permits or any other offical paper
work.

I am thinking the FCC limits the tower to 200 feet and some restrictioins if
near an airport in all parts of the country.

Some areas you can not put up a tower of any kind, and some areas need to
have permits and limit the tower to how tall it can be. Some areas require
some enginering paperwork to make sure the tower will not fall under
ordinary use.

---