Old January 26th 14, 03:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Relationship Between Antenna Efficiency and Received Signal Strength

"Ian Jackson" [1] It took me
about 10 years to stop using micro-microfarads and
switch to picofarads.

But have you started referring to them as "puffs"? This is the normal UK
colloquialism for picofarads, but I believe it raises the American
eyebrow!

I too was using the uuf and uf. Then it took me a while to get used to the
pf. I still can not relate to the nanofarad. Every time I see that
nanofarad I have to put the numbers on a piece of paper and convert it to uu
or u.

I have often heard the uuf referred to as puffs. After the first couple of
times I never gave it a second thought when someone says puffs. I am in the
US.

I still use Hz and cycles without giving it a thought as to which one I am
saying. Just can not get it my head not to say cycles when I should be
saying Hz.

---