Old January 27th 14, 01:05 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gareth gareth is offline

Default Unfolding beam antennae?

Taking my lead from the way in which spacecraft unload their antennae
and their solar cells, I wonder if there have been any amateur efforts
into folding antennae to beat planning and zonal limitations?

Unlike the spacecraft, the amateur beams would need a folding-back-up
facility, which together with wind-up-and-tilt-over towers would render the
structure invisble when not in use.

Also inspired by the man-across-the-road who is a Punch-and-Judy man
who has devised a booth that folds up neater than a deck-chair.