Old January 28th 14, 01:21 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Stuckle Jerry Stuckle is offline

Default Unfolding beam antennae?

On 1/27/2014 6:07 PM, FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI wrote:
"Jerry Stuckle" wrote in message
On 1/27/2014 1:51 PM, Percy Picacity wrote:
In article ,
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
It sounds like an interesting idea, and I'm sure it could be made
workable from a technical perspective. However, if the unfolded
version
doesn't meet planning and zoning requirements, you won't be able to use
it (at least in the United States). It doesn't matter if it meets the
requirements folded or not.

In the UK it is quite hard to offend the local authority with a
demountable structure. Most such things are specifically excluded from
planning requirements. So perhaps it is more worthwhile following up
here.

You're lucky. Around here, even "temporary" structures must meet
planning and zoning requirements.

Is that in case "temporary" becomes "permanent"?

Not necessarily. Temporary structures must meet the same planing and
zoning requirements as permanent ones.

For instance, in my area, you can't put up a 50' tower for a weekend
contest without getting a permit (which may or may not be approved).

--
Remove the "x" from my email address