Old January 28th 14, 03:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default 3/8x24 2 meter mobile

wrote in message
But I prefer an ungrounded coil. Why? If it's ungrounded, it
can also be used on other bands. IE: a 1/4 wave whip on a lower
freq.. I used to use my 10m 5/8 ground planes on 30m as 1/4 waves.
But you can't do that with a grounded coil. Works fine ungrounded.

I have not tried it, but have seen where an ungrounded coil on the 5/8 2
meter antenna is good for a loaded whip on 6 meters. Suspose to match with
a low swr.

---