Old January 28th 14, 08:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.electronics.basics
Wimpie[_2_] Wimpie[_2_] is offline

Default I have question about R L Mathematics

El 28-01-14 20:03, amdx escribió:
I have beads* on a coax and want to know the R and the L.
I have measured the R at 3.85MHz, It is 3,350 ohms.
I have also measured the phase shift, voltage leading
by 17ns. The period of 3.85Mhz is 260ns.

I want to calculate the impedance of the reactance.

Can anyone solve this for me?
I would like to see the math, because I want to measure again
at 7.5MHz.

My first step was to find the phase angle, 23.5*.
Do we agree there?

Thanks, Mikek

* it is actually a bit more than beads. Years ago, we were sent a box
of ferrite potcores, the cores arrived broken. I slide 42 broke halves
onto a piece of RG59, and now I'm measuring it.

Did you actually measured R (say Re(Z) ) , or |Z|?

Can you provide us some info on your setup?

--
Wim
PA3DJS