Old January 29th 14, 11:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Chas.Chan[_2_] Chas.Chan[_2_] is offline

Default (OT) What's a DECENT fm (clock?) radio?

On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:46:20 PM UTC-6, David Combs wrote:
I'm having a hard time finding a decent fm radio.

Ones I've bought at costco -- when a cab drives

by the house, you hear him transmitting on

his radio.

And LOUSY sensitivity!

(Where do they make these things, in China?)

I look in Amazon for table-top radios, and

not one gets consistently decent reviews.

And apparently all of them are slapped together

with ZERO effort at defect-free construction.

So, you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks!

David

PS: In an earlier life, back in the 50's and 60's,

I was K5TEQ. Built (of course) DX-40, and even

that HUGE heathkit ham receiver. Later got an

NCX-something SSB transceiver (could NCX

have been the name? -- it was SO long ago.)

But tired of the ham stuff -- the only thing people

wanted to talk about was their equipment!

David

Get an internet clock radio like the Sangean RCR-8WF or Aluratek AIRMM01F.
You do have internet, right?