Old November 16th 04, 01:11 AM
Joel

FOLLOW-UP

My 40meter dipole, which I just put up, hangs over a corner of my garage.
About 5ft above the roof. I suppose that's close enough to trip GFCI's. And
it's only about 15ft above ground. But it works great!
Someday I might have to put up some sort of vertical.
My old 20meter dipole, which is a little more out of the way, works fine.
Doesn't trip any of the GFCI's.
I put a homemade air balun on the 40M yesterday. Didn't seem to make any
diff.
Tripping GFCI's in the garage is mostly just a nusiance. I can put up with
it. Although I have a 24hr timer on one circuit. But I wonder if it affects
the neighbors' GFCI's. I don't think I'll ask them.