Old November 17th 04, 10:26 AM
mike

Tim Wescott wrote:
Dave Platt wrote:

In article ,
Tim Wescott wrote:

Can someone with experience with the part tell me if there are
sufficient differences between the PIC 16F84 and the 16F84A to cause
problems during EEPROM write?

I suggest you go right to the horses's mouth: the 84-84A migration
guide is at http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/e...Doc/30072b.pdf

It looks to me as if there are some voltage, and timing differences
involving access to the EEPROM. Dunno whether that's the cause of
your lockups, though.

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/e...Doc/80083b.pdf is the
16F84A errata document.

Hard to say -- it's not very definitive.

Been a long time since I looked, but as I recall, they inverted the
sense of one of the pins when they went to A???
mike

--
Return address is VALID.
500MHz Tek DSOscilloscope TDS540 $2200