Old February 12th 14, 01:17 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Brian Reay[_5_] Brian Reay[_5_] is offline

Default The ATU, a dying art?

On 12/02/14 13:01, Fred Roberts wrote:
On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 12:18:41 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

Indeed. I'm not sure why Yaesu included 27MHz, perhaps it is legal
somewhere for such kit to be used on 27MHz.

Did they not have an "aux" position on the bandswitch allowing 27Mhz
to be selected when the appropriate crystals were installed?

Looking at a manual, readily available, there is a position marked 11 on
the band switch at approx 11 o'clock. The other positions I can read are
15 for 15m etc.

So. 11 would be 11m or 27MHz,

There are special positions for WWV reference etc.

It is a while since I used a FT101 so I needed refer to a manual to
check but I was sure of the 27MHz position as it seemed "odd" and stuck
in my mind.