Old February 12th 14, 02:44 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gareth gareth is offline

Default The ATU, a dying art? plus FAQ

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
On 12/02/14 12:54, Jeff wrote:
Manufacturers certainly can be licensed to operate their own gear!!
I have operated many times under a G9 callsign, and there are other ways
as well.

Indeed Jeff.
Plus it depends on where the manufacturer is located. UK rules do not
apply in Japan for example.
At times I wonder if some people are remotely familiar with licence terms,
conditions and limitations.

Setting aside the habitual venom from the latter poster quoted above,
it is equivocation to claim that testing manufactured goods is on a
par with operating.