Old February 12th 14, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default The ATU, a dying art?

"W5DXP" wrote in message
On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:21:49 PM UTC-6, Sal wrote:
I'm at one end of the ham-knowledge scale ...

Sal, what is your technical opinion about the propagation delay through a
72uH 75m mobile Texas Bugcatcher loading coil?
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

While I had the First Class license ( passed it when I was 22 on the first
try for it and the Second Class) in 1972, all I care about the progagation
delay on the whip is will it take power from the transmitter and radiate it.
hihi..
I seem to remember some discussion about that from a while back.

Even back in 1972 they must have been almost giving away the Comercial
license for me to have passed it and to this day I have never seen a TV
transmitter.
Only looked at a 1 KW AM station from outside the cabinet a couple of times.

---