Old February 14th 14, 01:20 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
gareth gareth is offline

Default How many RF stages?

Scouting around (plagiarising?) published designs for HR RXs and sundry
boatanchors, it seems that where there are tuned RF stages, then 2 tank
circuits seems to be the norm, and then only 3 ccts if the RX IF
is ooo 455kHz when the coverage needs to extend to 30MHz.

Looking at the rate of progress here (or lack of it!!) I am trying to
conceive of a scheme to use up all the tuning condensers (capacitors
only came in AFTER some of them were manufactured :-) ) in
the junk box in one final big push to releve the executors of my will
of difficult decisions :-)