Old February 14th 14, 07:09 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
KaFKaesque KaFKaesque is offline

Default The Texas Bugcatcher and capacity hats

On 14/02/2014 19:07, Sal wrote:
"Kafkaësque" wrote in message

The latter link is a series of photographs. Are you saying you need
somebody to describe them for you?

Please don't pursue this. I would feel terrible if my post inspired yet
another ****ing contest. Let it go, please.

Of course. But thanks for posting it - fascinating that a circle of
relatively small diameter, plus a few feet of wire, could save 75 feet
of vertical tower.

It seems that nobody has pointed out the third advantage of capacity
hats; that they reduce the Q of the antenna, and therefore broaden the
bandwidth.