Old February 14th 14, 09:30 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_4_] Sal[_4_] is offline

Default The Texas Bugcatcher and capacity hats

"Kafkaësque" wrote in message

It seems that nobody has pointed out the third advantage of capacity hats;
that they reduce the Q of the antenna, and therefore broaden the
bandwidth.

That makes sense when you say it but I wouldn't have thought it. I guess
such a bandwidth broadening affect is akin to spreading out the element(s),
as with a vertical cage or a fan-wire, but without adding full-lendth
elements.

Experiment time! (aka "play time")

"Sal"