Old February 15th 14, 01:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_4_] Sal[_4_] is offline

Default Relationship Between Antenna Efficiency and Received Signal Strength

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message

snip

I did invent a unit of measure which seems to have stuck for a time at
a former college. During college, I built a device to quantify female
desirability. It was an IR detector that basically measured the mount
of exposed skin. I needed a unit of measure for female desirability
which became the milli-Helen. Since Helen of Troy launched 1000
ships, 1 milli-Helen would launch 1 ship. The negative was also true
as negative 1 milli-Helen would sink 1 ship. Unfortunately, it
somewhat backfired and failed to provide me with any additional dates
and lady friends.

That's interesting, since a coworker and I did something like it in the
1990s. (No animal testing was performed.)

You rated women's looks based on the Optimum Viewing Distance in feet. At
200 feet, say, you can tell it's a woman but not much more. At 50 feet, you
can gauge whether you want a closer look, so lower numbers indicate a
more-attractive woman. If she still looks good at 15 feet, but you can see
her crooked teeth and nose hair at 10 feet, then the rating is set to 15,
the "best" viewing distance for her.

If she's really attractive, you probably would want to make physical
contact, so she becomes a 0, in effect a completely attractive woman. In
this system, the rating number could actually go slightly negative but that
would be splitting hairs.

"Sal"