Old February 15th 14, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bill Ogden[_2_] Bill Ogden[_2_] is offline

Default RV/Mobilehome RF gnd systems.

Put the tripod on top of the RV and connect the "ground" to the RV top. It
may be not much of a ground on the lower bands, but it should get a signal
out on the higher bands.

Bill
W2WO

"Brian Reay" wrote in message

W5DXP wrote:
On Friday, February 14, 2014 4:08:58 AM UTC-6, Brian Reay wrote:
Does anyone have any novel ideas for RF grounds to use with an
RV/Mobilehome.

Why not use the vehicle for the counterpoise like mobile antennas do?
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Sorry, I should have said, the antenna is not mounted on the vehicle. I use
a small tripod. Running one coax shortish coax with a power lead taped to
it is fine but a long , or several long, counter poises are what concern
me.

73, Brian