Old February 15th 14, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal[_4_] Sal[_4_] is offline

Default Antenna article

wrote in message
On Friday, February 14, 2014 11:21:01 PM UTC-6, Brian Reay wrote:

BIG SNIP

What in particular do you have an issue with, please?

little snip

Brian

G8OSN/W8OSN

Well, I suppose most is OK, but there are a few problems.

BIG SNIP

I had a question about his j-pole analysis. He says "A J-pole, like ANY end
fed antenna, needs radials, a counterpoise or ground plane to work
properly."

I've never seen this anywhere else, even as a suggestion or hint. I can
envision places to fit one but what would it do? As built, both the pattern
and the impedance already seem to be what I want.

Thoughts?

"Sal"