Old February 15th 14, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Joe from Kokomo[_2_] Joe from Kokomo[_2_] is offline

Default FT5ZM - QRT?

Joe from Kokomo wrote:

On 2/15/2014 6:39 AM, dxAce wrote:
I wasn't really interested in a QSL from them. I did hear them on at least 5
bands, the lowest being 40 meters. I never did try 75/80 or 160. It sure was
nice to hear them on 40, spectacular.

As Glenn Hauser mentioned, it might be nice if they'd set up some sort of
rudimentary broadcast for SWL's so we might add another country to our totals.

You bring up an interesting point: Do ham DXpeditions QSL for SWL reports?

Not sure why they would need "some sort of rudimentary broadcast for
SWL's". The usual procedure for an SWL request to a ham is to give the
time, frequency and station he was in contact with. Been that way for
decades.

On 2/15/2014 3:27 PM, dxAce wrote:

Because, what they do as amateur radio operators does not count as a 'broadcast
station'.

Picky, picky, picky...

Hams have been QSLing SWLs for years; got a few SWL cards myself that I
responded to back in the day.

Too bad 'they' don't count regular ham operations as a "broadcast" -- as
the hams ARE broadcasting. Better to get something than to get nothing,
as it is *extremely* unlikely that there will ever be a "broadcast"
station on Amsterdam. What difference does it make if the hams make a
"fake" SWL broadcast? Same station, same ops. Plus Hauser seems to have
overlooked the fact that it is *illegal* for hams to make "broadcast"
type of broadcasts.

You are mistaken.

As usual.

Just like *you* were mistaken about "Heard Island" and VK0JJJ?

As usual, another short / selective memory, huh?