Old February 15th 14, 11:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gareth gareth is offline

Default Antenna article

"W5DXP" wrote in message
On Saturday, February 15, 2014 3:27:15 PM UTC-6, Sal wrote:
As built, both the pattern
and the impedance already seem to be what I want.

And it already has a counterpoise. The counterpoise is where the current
flowing on the inside of the coax shield goes when it leaves the coax. The
J-pole has a radiation pattern of a 1/2WL vertical, i.e. the lower 1/4WL
doesn't radiate (much) and is part of the matching section and counterpoise.
Quite often, the outside of the coax braid is also part of the counterpoise.

Cecil,

I read with interest your critiques of the article. On the basis that
you mentioned eznec, I wonder of perchance you are a professional?

Gareth